NIPS is the main national Indigenous service for individuals, families, and communities affected by suicide. The NIPS can:
• work with local Elders, community and Aboriginal and /or Torres Strait Islander organisations to ensure a community response is put in place to support bereaved individuals and families
• travel to provide support if invited by the family or we can provide advice to Community Leaders or Elders and local services on how best to respond
• meet with individuals and families to discuss their needs
• provide practical social support, link people with a range of local social, health and community services and where appropriate continue to work with local services to ensure care and support continues beyond the immediate aftermath of the traumatic incident
• advocate on behalf of families to assist them access the supports they need in their time of grief
The phone is answered by one of their Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Advocates.
SD Postvention Service Category (1)
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.