2019 was an eventful year for Postvention Australia, with the 6th Australian Postvention Conference being held in June, the National Reference Group being formed, as well as increased engagement with federal and state government and other stakeholders.
The 6th Australian Postvention Conference
Pictured (left to right, top to bottom):
1) Dr Diana Sands and suicide bereavement services
2) International speakers, Postvention Australia representatives and the Governor of NSW
3) Adele Cox, Thirrili and National Indigenous Critical Response Service
4) Alex O’Mara, Lived Experience Speaker at the Conference Dinner
5) Prof. Pat Dudgeon
6) Healing and Remembrance Tree
7) The Conference Resolutions
Postvention Australia and the Federal Government
Toward Zero Suicides Forum in Canberra
The NSW Ministry of Health – Towards Zero Suicide Initiatives
Postvention Australia met with the Mental Health Branch at the NSW Ministry for Health and presented the Postvention Australia Guidelines at the Suicide Bereavement Initiative Launch.
End of Year PVA Meetings
Thank you for your support to us in 2019. We look forward to a new invigorated Postvention Australia in 2020.